Terms and Conditions of Purchase (updated 11.02.19)
We will process your order on receipt of 50% deposit (unless otherwise stated). Should you decide to cancel your order after a deposit is taken, a cancellation fee of a minimum of 20% of the total purchase price will apply, and the balance refunded to your chosen account.
Balances owing will need to be settled prior to scheduled delivery. Our contract drivers are not able to accept payments during delivery.
Conditions of sale
We encourage clients to take a colour sample to confirm their choice, as colour change is not possible following commencement of production. When products are made from natural timbers or leather, each piece is unique and has natural variations. If the exact shade or grain is important to you, please inspect the product before delivery, as refunds will not be given and any exchanges will incur a cost to you.
Refunds will not be given if the item does not fit.
Goods on order
Dates quoted for delivery of goods are approximate only at the time of ordering and may vary due to circumstances beyond our control. We will provide updates for imports from overseas, and you will be advised as soon as your goods are ready for delivery.
In the event of cancellation of a sale, refunds will be in accordance with the guidelines issued by the office of consumer affairs. A minimum of 20% of the invoiced price will be deducted from any refunds to cover administration costs. Customised orders require a non- refundable deposit of 50% of the invoice price. Folding space will not be liable for costs of any postage or freight for the return of the goods.
Ownership of goods
Goods marked as “sold” on behalf of a customer after receipt of deposit or lay-by payment shall remain the property of folding space (Australian home ideas pty ltd) until the invoiced price is paid in full.
A deposit to the value of 30% of the total purchase price is required to begin a lay-by. Payments are to be made fortnightly. The order for your wall bed will be placed with the wall bed manufacturer in the final month of the agreed layby term. A delay may be experienced prior to delivery due to manufacturing and delivery timeframes outside our control.
Failure to complete payments in the specified time makes the goods, any payments made and the deposit, liable for forfeiture if considered reasonable in accordance with the Australian consumer law.
Lay-bys should not exceed a 3-month period.
A layby can be cancelled by the purchaser but may result in forfeiture of some moneys paid if it is deemed reasonable in accordance with the Australian consumer law. Keeping in mind that furniture is a large item which incurs considerable costs for freight and storage, if lay- bys are not picked up or installed by the specified date a storage fee of $50 per week may be charged.
Lay-by arrangements should be by regular, fortnightly repayments over a three-month period.
Customer finance arrangements and terms and conditions
These are between the client and the financial institution offering customer finance and governed under the rules of that that financial agreement.
Delivery of goods
The approximate delivery date we give you is an estimate based on current manufacturing and shipping times. This should be treated as a guide only. Please contact folding space should you require an updated estimate. If the delivery of goods is unsuccessful on the day organised by the clients, a further two-way charge will be payable by the client or the second delivery. Our carriers agree to deliver to the clients address only.
It is at the clients’ expense if goods do not fit into the property or if cranes, etc are required to achieve access. Sales staff must be advised at the time of sale/booking delivery if access problems are anticipated.
Refunds will not be given if goods do not fit. Quotes on deliveries are estimates only. If the destination is further than anticipated or access is difficult, additional costs may be incurred.
If clients are unable to receive goods as planned and they need the goods to be stored, this will incur a $50 per charge, along with any associated forklift or transport charges.
Clients must advise folding space within 24 hours of any damage to goods and provide photographic evidence, so that folding space can meet insurance requirements placed on them if goods are to be refunded or replaced.
Discounted stock and floor stock
Please be aware that if an item is sold off the floor or is discounted more than 30%, it is sold “as is”. Please check all goods carefully to ensure you are happy with the state they are in either at purchase or upon delivery in the case that goods are unseen. All ex-display or discounted stock is sold with a limited 12-month warranty which covers defects not known or visible at the time of purchase. All other defects are not covered.
Natural wood and leather
The natural oils in timber furniture can mark some floor coverings. Please take precautions if you are concerned or ask our staff for advice. Please be advised that all timbers and leathers are natural products and as such require on-going care. Timbers require waxing and leathers require conditioning with the recommended leather care kit. All warranties are contingent upon products being cared for in line with these recommendations.
Damaged panel warranty definitions
Any chips, marks, or imperfections in the cabinetry panel or frame.
Folding space must be notified within 24 hours of the date of delivery of any damaged or missing items received.
Whilst all orders are packaged to exclude any damage in transport, there may be from time to time some items that may incur damaged by the carrier which is beyond the control of the supplier
Folding space encourages clients to inspect all cabinetry panels prior to assembly and installation as the supplier will not replace under warranty any damaged panels or frames once units are assembled.
If an item has been damaged during freight, this will be replaced by the supplier.
If a panel or frame is damaged by the client during unpacking, or after assembly, we can arrange replacement panels or frames at cost to the client. The client will pay all applicable shipping and handling charges.
Any claim for damaged panel or frame replacement must provide the following:
- A close-up photo of the damaged panel or frame.
- If a cabinetry panel: a photo of the part sticker.
- A full-length photo of the damaged panel or frame (including sticker).
Damaged items will not be replaced under warranty for the following.
- Once the item has been assembled.
- Incorrect installation or handling by the customer or installer.
The supplier, at its own discretion, may replace damaged items under warranty for the following:
- If the damage is minor and not visible by the opposing panel covering the damage.
- If the damage is minor on the non-visible or seen side of the cabinetry i.e. The side that the cam locks are placed into to connect the cabinetry parts, any panel that faces a wall or ceiling.
- Minor damage or imperfections in the face/base panels. Example one side of the face/base panel on an alpha bed has an imperfection or minor damage that will not be seen once the steel frame has been attached and the mattress placed onto the bed. As these face/base panels are universal to which side the frame is attached to when assembling the bed.
Folding space, and its installers, will at all times aim to achieve the best outcome for both parties in relation to any panel damage. The supplier’s decision on replacing any damaged item under warranty is final.
Purchases from folding space are covered by the warranty associated with each supplier of the goods:
- All beds come with a 5-year manufacturers warranty on manufacturer’s defects. Misuse, abuse, or damage by misapplication are not covered.
- Tables come with a 2-year warranty on manufacturer’s defects. Misuse, abuse, or damage by misapplication are not covered.
- The next bed mechanism comes with a 7-year manufacturer warranty on manufacturer’s defects. Misuse, abuse, or damage by misapplication are not covered.
- The alpha steel frame has a limited lifetime warranty on manufacturer’s defects.
- The legs, leg connector rods, springs and spring mechanism comes with a 7- year manufacturer warranty on manufacturers defects. Misuse, abuse, or damage by misapplication are not covered.
- The DIY hardware kit comes with a 7-year manufacturer warranty on manufacturer’s defects. Misuse, abuse, or damage by misapplication are not covered.
- Come with a 2-year manufacturer warranty on manufacturer’s defects. Misuse, abuse, or damage by misapplication are not covered.
Wall beds are designed to be operated by adults. Use by children may result in injuries to the child or damage to the wall bed if they are unable to control the opening or closing of the mechanism. Warranties do not cover injuries or damage under these circumstances.
Whilst wall beds meet Australian standards adult use and supervision of wall beds is required at all times.
All wall beds are designed to be lowered with caution, and not designed to be lowered without control.
What does my warranty exclude?
The warranty program specifically excludes claims for:
- Furniture installed by contractors not endorsed by folding space.
- Damage incurred during handling, transportation and installation of the product by the customer or their contractor.
- Discolouration of timber or fabric coverings resulting from exposure to direct sunlight, extreme heat or similar conditions.
- Surface scratches, dents, chips, marks, accidental breakages, normal wear and tear or damage resulting from misuse or abuse.
- Damage to cabinetry caused by dropping of the wall bed door or not putting the manual foot in place to support the wall bed when open.
- Damage to fabric coverings caused by the transference of perspiration, body oils or the corrosive ingredients contained in personal care products such as hair gels and skin creams.
- Damages resulting from dye transfer from rugs, cushions, jeans and other clothing
- The cost of transportation from the purchaser to folding space or its agents, if the claim is not covered by the standard warranty conditions.
- Damage caused to a product or person resulting from incorrect use of the wall bed
- The normal and expected settling of soft filling such as polyester fibre.
- Damage caused by fabric pilling. Fabric pilling is considered normal wear and tear and is not covered under warranty. Pilling can easily be removed with a battery- operated pilling tool available from most haberdashery stores.
- Timber grain variation, colour variation, wrinkling, markings, and scars resulting from the natural features of the product.
- Damage or degradation of timber and fabric coverings not properly maintained; that is, the regular removal of dust and dirt by appropriate means and the application of endorsed cleaning and care nourishing products as instructed at time of sale.
- Damage to timber or fabric coverings due to the application of chemicals, cleaners or conditioners unsuited to the materials.
- Costs incurred by clients for the installation of their beds.
- Damage or marks to flooring by the feet/wheels on the wall beds.
- Change of mind; wrong selection or finding the goods cheaper elsewhere.
- Customized cabinetry not fitting due to incorrect measurements supplied by the client.
- Delay in delivery of goods, or delay in installation due to need to replace any damaged items under warranty.
Damage to timber
Avoid leaving wet cloths, glasses etc on lacquered surfaces, these will breakdown the lacquer. Damage of this nature can be fixed but at considerable extra cost. Note: this kind of damage is not included in any warranty.
What should I do if I require assistance?
For after-sales product or warranty queries please contact folding space.
When calling regarding a warranty issue please provide your invoice number and surname. You must contact us immediately following the discovery of any alleged defect.
To make a claim under warranty you must be able to prove when you purchased the product. The easiest way to do this is through your original proof of purchase (invoice, receipt, etc). Once you have raised your issue with us we may arrange for a folding space team member or contractor to visit your home. We may also require you to bring back the goods to the place of purchase to be assessed.
The team member or contractor will assess the item to verify that the product presents manufacturing defects. More than one inspection may be required.
If found to be defective, folding space will, at its choice, repair or replace the defective product.
We remind our customers that softening of cushioning should be expected as a result of normal use and is not to be confused with the loss of resilience.
The warranties are not transferable, and service is available only to the original purchaser.
The benefits given by the warranty are additional to other rights and remedies that you may have under law.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian consumer law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Important notes for WallBeds
Do not allow children to play with or on wall beds. Before using any of the mechanisms ensure the person using the wall bed is correctly informed of the operation of the mechanism.
We value your feedback
If you have any feedback or comments about your folding space experience, please feel free to contact us via e-mail.